Wednesday, February 23

recipe: Mushroom & Thyme Quiche

Oh what a lovely and quick recipe for a week night... I am still so happy for having a proper oven....5 years living in Tokyo with nothing but a crappy little stove made me appreciate the art of the oven. Quiche, pies, roasts, hummmm, bear with me, and try this recipe, you barely have to cook anything...

Serves 4:

1 puff pastry sheet, about 10 white mushrooms thinly sliced, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 2 small red onions chopped, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tbsp thyme

1. Pre heat your oven to 180C. Brush a pie/ quiche plate with a bit of olive oil and tuck the pastry in it;
2. Heat the oil in a sauce pan, add onion and let cook for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5-10 min
utes or until they are soft. Season with salt and pepper and place the mixture on top of the pastry;
3. In a small bowl mix egg, milk, thyme and season with salt & pepper. Pour this over mushrooms and bake for about 25 minutes.


Serve with some salad or simple white rice and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I'll make my bitching french cook, but usually you would use cream instead of milk (but may be like melted cheese you don't like creme?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahah, no I don't like cream, but I am getting there...slowly, slowly I am introducing dairy into the cooking (before I couldn't even do milk...so, fingers crossed that I will get there and become a truly dairy queen...eheh!

    ReplyDelete